Request for information
All banks in Norway are required by law to obtain specific information from their customers. Press the button below to access our online banking. Here you can edit or add new personal information.
- How will I be contacted?
All customers will receive a communication by email, SMS or letter with a request to complete a customer information request form. If we do not hear from you, we will send follow-up communications to ensure that you have the opportunity to respond timely and provide the requested information.
- What will you ask me?
We will ask you to fill in some personal information, as well as product-related details. Some of the things you can expect are questions about:
- Name, address and citizenship
- Working conditions
- PEP (Politically Exposed Person) declaration
- Information about what funds you use to deposit or repay loans
- How to update via online banking
- Log in to your online bank with BankID
- Access the customer information form from the online bank
- Some questions will be prefilled based on information we already have about you. Please review whether these are correct.
- Fill in requested information.
- When you have finished answering the questions, please sign with your BankID and press "submit".
What happens if I don`t provide my information?
It is important that you provide us your details to make sure that we have customer information that is correct. If you do not fill in the customer information request form within the deadline, we will send reminders by SMS and email. We will continue to send reminders, but if we do not receive a response, we may ultimately be required to terminate your customer relationship with Santander. It is therefore important that you respond to requested information from us.
What does a termination of the customer relationship entail?
Upon termination of the customer agreement, all your products with us will be discontinued. This means that accounts and cards you may have with us will be blocked. You will not be permitted to take out new loans or use our products or services until you provide the necessary information. Any outstanding loans will be due for immediate re-payment in full.
Frequently asked questions
- What is money laundering?
- Any transaction that helps conceal the source of money originating from a criminal act is considered money laundering. Money laundering occurs when proceeds from criminal acts, for example, tax evasion, drug crime, fraud and other financial crimes, are transferred from one person or entity to another with a seemingly good explanation. To the outside world, it seems that the money has been acquired in an honest way.
- Money laundering can be carried out by placing proceeds in legal goods and services. When the item is later used or sold, the money appears to be legal – or "white".
- The Norwegian Money Laundering Act (Hvitvaskingsloven) implements international obligations Norway are bound by.
- What does AML mean?
AML stands for Anti Money Laundering
- Why the new disclosure requirement now?
In an increasingly digitized world and in a world where criminals are constantly finding new methods of committing crime, we need stricter regulations to prevent them from succeeding in their operations.
The new act, and the new requirements for control, which have now come to Norway are based on an order from the EU and international recommendations from among others, FATF (The International Financial Action Task Force).
- Why should a bank have my information?
A bank is required to prevent money laundering as well as terrorist financing. By having a good understanding of you as a customer and your use of our financial services, we can work towards this not happening.
This is a job we as a bank and you as a customer do together. Unfortunately, this may mean that you as a customer may be asked questions that may be perceived as unusual.
Why do we need up-to-date information?
Due to new legislation and an increased focus on money laundering in the EU, we must periodically update the information about all our customers.
We would like to clarify that we in no way suspect that you as a customer have done anything illegal.
Thank you very much for your help.
PS. If you are stuck and need help, you can call us on tel: +47 21 08 30 00